When it comes to flooring, Floor Sanding Melbourne is one of the processes that can make a huge impact on your home. In fact, if done properly, it can transform the look of your floor in an instant! But before hiring a professional for this project, there are several factors you need to consider first. Here’s what they are:
Signs that your floors need sanding
- Discolouration of the floor. The first sign that you need to have your floors sanded is if they have a discoloured appearance. The most common cause of this is moisture damage, which can be caused by either wetness or high humidity levels in your home.
- Scratches and gouges on the surface of your floors. If there are scratches or gouges in your wood flooring, then it’s time for some serious work! Our professional sander will remove them easily without leaving any trace behind (other than smooth, shiny surfaces).
- The weathered finish on the top layer of tiles/grout lines etc., especially if it has been there for more than 1-2 years! You should also check whether there are cracks near joints which could lead to leaks later down the line – these things often happen when we neglect maintenance procedures like cleaning regularly enough so our homes don’t end up looking old before their time.
How will sanding help to improve your wood floor?
Floor Sanding Melbourne is a process by which you remove the top layer of wood on your floors. This will expose the more natural colour of the wood and remove any scratches, blemishes and marks that have accumulated over time. It will also remove any wax buildup to provide a fresh start for your new finish.
To get an idea of what sanding can do for you, think about what happens when you sand drywall in preparation for painting it: some holes in the drywall may be revealed – but only after they’ve been covered up by paint!
Sanding removes this top layer so that these imperfections are no longer hidden.
Get floors sanded by experts
If you want your floors to look as good as new and last for years, then it is advisable that you hire Timber Floor Sanding Melbourne. There are many benefits of hiring our professional team to sand your floors, including:
- They have the tools and machines needed to do the job well
- They will not damage or scratch your floor with their machines since they know how to use them properly
- You don’t need to worry about damaging your property during renovations because they know how to work safely on site
We hope you have found our article helpful in deciding whether or not it is time to get your wood floors sanded.
We know that there are many factors to consider, but we are confident that if you follow our Floor Sanding Melbourne tips. For information, you can contact us today at Timber Floor Sanding Melbourne.