Timber floor sanding is an important process in the maintenance of your floorboards. Not only does it remove dirt and grime, but it also helps to revitalise your floors and make them look as good as new ones! In this article, we’ll take a look at the key steps involved in Floor Sanding Melbourne so that you can get the best results for your home.
What timber floor sanding and what can it do for your floorboards?
Timber floor sanding is the process of removing the top layer of your floorboards to reveal a fresh, new surface. It’s an effective way to revitalise tired and worn floors and can also help to protect them from further damage. Sanding also provides the perfect opportunity to stain or paint your floorboards if you so desire.
The process of timber floor sanding
Timber floor sanding is the key to revitalising your floorboards and making them look new again. The process involves using a sander to remove the top layer of varnish or paint from the boards, revealing the natural wood beneath. This can be a messy job, so it’s important to prepare your workspace beforehand and to have plenty of dust sheets on hand. Once you’ve finished sanding, you can then apply a new finish to the boards, such as varnish or stain.
The different types of finishes that you can choose from
When it comes to timber floor sanding, there are a few different types of finishes that you can choose from. These include;
– A natural oil finish, which will protect your floors and give them a natural look.
– A polyurethane finish, which is more durable and gives your floors a high-gloss finish.
– A lacquer finish, which is also durable and gives your floors a matte finish.
No matter which type of finish you choose, make sure that you hire a professional Floor Sanding Melbourne to do the job for you. This way, you can be sure that your floors will look amazing and last many years.
How to care for your newly-sanded floorboards?
After sanding your floorboards, it is important to know how to properly care for them to maintain their condition and prolong their lifespan. Here are a few tips on how to care for your newly-sanded floorboards:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly – This will help to keep dirt and debris from accumulating on your floorboards and causing them to become dull or scratched.
- Place mats at entryways—Placing mats at entryways will help to catch any dirt or debris that might be brought in on shoes, which will again help to keep your floorboards looking clean and new.
- Use furniture pads – Using furniture pads on the feet of chairs and tables will help to prevent scratches when moving furniture around.
- Avoid water damage – Water can cause warping and other damage to wood, so it is important to avoid spilling water on your floorboards and to clean up any spills promptly.
By following these simple tips, you can help to keep your newly-sanded floorboards looking like new for many years to come!