Creating the perfect flooring in your home doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time, effort, and money—not to mention experience—to get it just right. It can be difficult to find the knowledge you need when you’re trying to figure out how to sand wood floors without getting any splinters or damaging the surface of your floor beyond repair. So where do you start? What are the best tools and techniques? This guide on how to Floor sanding & polishing Melbourne will give you everything you need to know about getting your floors looking good as new in no time at all!
Sanding wood floors – an overview
Floor sanding is an important part of maintaining your wood floors and keeping them looking their best. It’s also a necessary step if you’re planning to refinish your floors. The good news is that it’s not difficult to do, and you can even do it yourself with the right tools and a little bit of know-how.
What type of sander should you use?
Floor sanding is a big job; you want to ensure you do it right the first time so your floors will last. You should use a floor sander that will be gentle on your floors but also get the job done quickly. Floor sanding & polishing Melbourne can help you choose the right sander for your floors and also provide tips on how to use it correctly.
These experts know what type of floor sanders are best for various types of floors, including hardwood, bamboo, cork, or laminate.
They have the experience and knowledge to advise you on which method will work best on your floors to give them a new look without damaging them. They have several different types of methods including buffing, which removes scratches, scuff marks, and discolouration and gives a beautiful luster to the floor surface; grit blasting which removes deep scratches in very old floors; or wax coating which improves resistance against dirt buildup.
It’s important that these floor professionals handle your floor with care because they have the knowledge necessary to avoid potential problems while giving you an end result that looks great!
Rules to follow when sanding wood floors
1. Always start with the coarsest sandpaper first to remove any old finishes or damage to the wood.
2. Work in the direction of the grain when sanding.
3. Use a finer sandpaper once you’ve removed the old finish or damage.
4. You may need to use more than one type of sander to get the job done right.
5. Be sure to vacuum up all the dust after each sanding session.
6. Apply a new finish to your floors after they’ve been sanded smooth.
7. If you’re not sure how to do any of these steps, hire a professional floor refinishing company like Floor sanding & polishing Melbourne to do the job for you!
Tips for a better finished product
1. Don’t forget to clean the floor before you start sanding.
2. Make sure you use the right type of sandpaper for the job.
3. Use a gentle touch when sanding.
4. Don’t sand too much at once.
5. Be sure to vacuum up all the dust after sanding.
6. Apply a finish to the floor after sanding.
7. Enjoy your beautiful new floors!